Further Education Training & Assessment (FETA)
PRIVACY & STUDENT RECORDS ACCESS POLICY & PROCEDURE
FETA manages learner records to ensure their accuracy, currency and integrity. Participants have timely access to current and accurate records of their participation and progress in the course they are undertaking. Student’s course documents are electronically stored for the legislated period and are backed up on a daily basis. All student information including academic status are deemed confidential. Students have access to personal records upon request.
We understand the importance people place on their privacy and personal information. As such we take your privacy very seriously and comply with the requirements of the National Privacy Principles of the Commonwealth Privacy Act (2001) and where they apply to our dealings with you the participant.
As an RTO we will be required by law to make participant information available to Registering Bodies from State & Federal Governments.
The relevant Privacy Principles are summarized as:
• Collection – We will collect only the information necessary for our primary function and you will be told the purposes for which the information is collected.
• Use & Disclosure – Personal information will not be used or disclosed for a secondary purpose unless the individual has consented or a prescribed exception applies.
• Data Quality – We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
• Security – We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from authorised access, modification or disclosure.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against:
• Unauthorised access or use
• Modification or unauthorised disclosure
These steps include password protection for electronic files, securing paper files in locked cabinets and physical access restrictions. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
PROCEDURE – ACCESSING RECORDS
Assessment results will be recorded on our student data base in a timely manner, on completion of a short course or full qualification students will be forwarded the appropriate certification and record of results.
Students requiring reprinted documentation, in all cases, FETA will require proof of identity to protect the privacy of their clients. Third Parties may only have access of these records upon receipt of the F1010 Permission to Release Transcript of Results has been provided by the student.
Upon receipt of the “Permission to Release Training Transcript” FETA administration will forward the student the required documents within a 24-48 hour period.
Students are to inform FETA immediately of any change in their contact details. If the student does not receive correspondence from FETA due to incorrect contact details they are fully responsible.
All records will be stored in current files for a 12 month period. At the end of this period files will be archived and electronically accessible.
FETA will maintain a record of all qualifications / statement of attainment issued for a period of 30 years.